Last Wednesday in a press conference in San Francisco California, Apple CEO Tim Cook announced the launch of the newest version of Apple’s tablet computer. Boasting its breakthrough retina display technology, 5MP iSight camera, and ultrfast 4G LTE network connection, this newest iPad is definitely a “Resolutionary” innovation from Apple’s line of technology.
Comparing it to iPad2, the most recognizable difference is its display. With its retina display technology which uses 2048 x 1563 display resolution that is equivalent to 3.1 million pixels one can experience a clearer and more crisp texts and graphics. Added to that great pixel resolution is the quad core A5X chip graphics processor which makes everything incredibly responsive.
The new iPad also comes with the 5MP iSight camera designed with advanced optics which enables you to take great looking pictures. It is also designed to record 1080p HD quality videos which lets you capture every moments in full HD. There’s also the iPhoto application which allows photo editing on screen, cropping, adding effects and editing lighting to achieve great photos.
Connecting to the world through internet becomes more powerful also with iPad3 as it is powered with ultrafast 4G LTE connection.So users can now download and view pictures and videos on the internet ultra fast.
It is also packed with great apps specially designed for iPad. With more than 200,000 to choose from users can definitely enjoy the iPad experience. With iPhoto for photography, there is also iLife which includes Garage Band and the iMovie, iPad3 is really a complete mobile device.
The new iPad will be available in the market this March 17, 2012 with prices ranging from $499 (16gb), $599 (32gb) and $699 (64gb).
- Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
- Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.37 inch (9.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.46 pounds (662 g)
- Retina display
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Dual-core Apple A5X custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip with quad-core graphics
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Wi-Fi + 4G for AT&T model: LTE (700, 2100 MHz)3; UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Wi-Fi + 4G for Verizon model: LTE (700 MHz)3; CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz); UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Data only4
- 5-megapixel iSight camera
- Tap to focus
- Face detection in still images
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Video stabilization
- FaceTime camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
- Photo and video geotagging
Battery and Power
- Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- 30-pin dock connector port
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
- Micro-SIM card tray
- First Look: Apple’s New iPad (insydetech.info)
- The Top 5 Features of Apple’s new iPad (91mobiles.com)
- Apple iPad 2 Vs iPad 3 – What is really cool about new iPad (crazzycool.blogspot.com)
- Apple unveils the new faster and better iPad (gadgetsandgizmos.org)