“And they were chosen!”
From a large number of entries in this year’s Philippine Popular Music Festival, the 12 best songs were finally chosen.
Today, the Philippine Popular Music Festival Foundation announced the 12 songs that will compete in the finals of the PhilPop Music Fest 2014 to be held at Meralco Theatre on July 26, 2014.
PhilPop Music Festival is a project of the Philippine Popular Music Festival Foundation to give Filipino musicians and songwriters a venue to showcase their talents and skills in song writing. It also aimed at giving awareness, enthusiasm and pride for the Filipino music and artists.
And here are the top 12 best songs for PhilPop 2014.
1. “Awit Mo’y Nandito Pa” Written by Toto Sorioso, Interpreted by Aldrich Talonding and James Bucong
2. “Babalikan Mo Rin Ako” Written by Soc Villanueva, Interpreted by Nikki Gil
3. “Dear Heart” Written by Mike Villegas, Interpreted by Kiana Valenciano
4. “Hangout Lang” Written by Allan Feliciano and Isaac Garcia, Interpreted by Duncan Ramos and Young JV
5. “Kung Akin ang Langit” Written by Chi Datu-Bocobo, Interpreted by Mcoy Fundales and Clara Benin
6. “Langit Umaawit” Written by Toto Sorioso, Interpreted by Tom Rodriguez
7. “No Girlfriend Since Break” Written by Davey Langit, Interpreted by Luigi D’ Avola
8. “Qrush on You” Writtern by Knowa Lazarus and Flava Matiks, Interepreted by Jay-R, Elmo Magalona and Q-York
9. “Salbabida” Written by Jungee Marcelo, Interpreted by Kyla
10. “The Only One” Written by Popsie San Pedro, Interpreted by Thor Dulay
11. “Song on a Broken String” Written by Jude Gitamandoc and Therese Villarante, Interpreted by Nicole Laurel Asensio
12. “Torpe” Written by Daryl Ong, Interpreted by Kris Lawrence
All of these songs are exclusively available at Spinnr.ph