National University Pep Squad is on the road to establish supremacy in the UAAP Cheerdance Competition as they take championship 2 years in a row.
Held at the SMART Araneta Coliseum on Sunday September 14, NU Pep Squad successfully defends their title to claim this years UAAP Cheerdance Championship. NU was given a score of 677.5 points with their “Pocahontas” themed performance characterized by nearly perfect floor and stunts execution.
Meanwhile, 9-times cheerdance champions UP Pep Squad settled for a back to back 1st runner up finish behind NU. They were given a score of 658 points with their “#EqualiTheme” performance this year. UP draws praises for their performance that advocates gender equality shown by the female cheerdancers lifting the male cheer dancers. UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe on the other hand is back in winning circle placing 2nd runner up with a score of 625. UST did a “Chinese culture” inspired performance.
For the group stunts competition, FEU was declared champion followed by UST and NU in 2nd and 3rd place.
UAAP Cheerdance Competition Complete Ranking
1. National University – 677.5 points
2. University of the Philippines – 658 points
3. University of Santo Tomas – 625 points
4. Adamson University – 600 points
5. Far Eastern University – 599.5 points
6. De La Salle University – 557 points
7. University of the East – 503 points
8. Ateneo De Manila University – 494.5 points