In his statement Tuesday November 11, Binay said he sees it necessary to cancel the debate which he personally initiated with Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV because he’s fed up on Trillanes posing as the underdog.
If people will remember, it was Binay who challenged Trillanes into a debate which the latter accepted. Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilinas also jump-in to became the adjudicator and events coordinator. KBP also confirms several meetings with both camps to iron out the details of the debate which was earlier scheduled to be on November 27th.
Trillanes also shared enthusiasm and excitement in all of his media interviews prior to the cancellation saying he is already practicing and preparing for it because Binay is the more “knowledgeable” debater.
But for some reason, the Vice President changes his mind calling off the debate which many people politically inclined Pinoys are waiting.
As a result, KBP shared little disappointment on the VP’s decision, saying everything about the event is almost done. Trillanes on the other hand says Binay’s decision to back out of the debate showed his true character, “A Man Without Word of Honor”.
This is not the first time that Binay cancelled or back-out from a public forum he himself has initiated. Just last week, his supposed appearance to the Senate Blue Ribbon Main Committee also didn’t pushed through after he skipped the hearing in lieu of his travel to Cebu. Binay is the one who challenged the Committee headed by Sen. TG Guingona to handle the investigation of Makati Parking Building to which Guingona accepted, but in a snap of a finger Binay changed his mind and instead fled to Cebu.