Out of 1,126 examinees who passed the 2014 Bar Exams, Irene Mae Alcobilla is fortunate enough to be this year’s Bar top notcher.
Alcobilla, a law graduate from San Beda College got an average score of 85.50 to emerge as the 2014 Bar Exams top notcher as announced Thursday March 26 by Supreme Court Associate Justice Diosdado Peralta.
University of the Philippines got the most number of top notchers with 4, followed by San Beda and Ateneo with 3 each.
Here is complete list of top 10 in the 2014 Bar exams:
1. Irene Mae B. Alcobilla – 85.50% (San Beda College)
2. Christian A. Drilon – 85.45% (Ateneo De Manila University)
3. Sandra Mae T. Magalang – 84.60% (University of the Philippines)
4. Mark Leo P. Bejemino 84.55% – (University of the Philippines)
Gil E. Garcia – 84.55% (Ateneo De Davao University)
Reginald L. Laco – 84.55% (De La Salle Lipa)
5. Michelle D. Liao – 84.50% (University of Cebu)
6. Jose Angelo A. David – 84.45% (San Beda College-Manila)
7. Adrian F. Aumentado – 84.35% (San Beda College-Manila)
8. Rhey David S. Daway – 84.20% (University of the Philippines)
Fideliz Cardellie B. Diaz – 84.20% (Far Eastern University-DLSU)
9. Jamie Liz. F. Yu – 84.00% (University of the Philippines)
10. Tristan Matthew T. Delgado – 83.95% (Ateneo De Manila University)
5,984 law students took the Bar exams last year and only 1,126 or 18.82% were able to pass the exam. The 2014 Bar exams is composed of eight subjects including Political Law and Public International Law, Labor and Social Legislation, Civil Law, Taxation, Mercantile Law, Criminal Law, Remedial law and Legal Ethics and Practical Exercises.
Below is the complete list of 2014 Bar Exam passers.